You may have heard the designation “Project Manager” from someone or somewhere but don’t have a clue what exactly a project manager does. In order to learn about a project manager, here’s brief information.
- They Communicate with Team Members – When it comes to project management, communication is the key. From emails to calls, team meetings to check-ins, communication should never be missed between the project manager and their respective teams in order to finish the project.
- They Communicate with Key Stakeholders – Since communication is important between the project manager and their respective team, it is also important with key stakeholders. Key stakeholders need to be updated every once in a while, by the project manager related to the project.
- They Resolve Issues – It is quite common for a project to undergo sudden changes. The project manager needs to ensure that these changes are solved in an effective manner for the project to stay on the right track.
- They Review Budget – When it comes to reviewing a budget for a small-sized project, weekly or once a month is considered ideal. However, big projects lead to expenses randomly that need to be considered by the project manager often.
- They do Team-Building – Managing the project and communication aren’t the only things done by the project manager. The project manager is also responsible to build and manage their own teams in order to stay focused, happy and productive. It is the project manager’s job to include team-building exercises allowing the team to perform well.
Finally, the project manager is also responsible for the work related to return on investment project management.