In order to maintain the quality and accuracy of your fresh frozen samples, it is important to have a standard operating procedure in place. This guide will walk you through the steps needed to collect fresh frozen tissue samples in a consistent and accurate manner.
When collecting fresh frozen samples, it is important to follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to avoid any potential contamination.
The following are tips for properly collecting and handling frozen samples:
1) Clean the area where the sample will be taken. This will help to avoid contamination from dirt, dust, or other particles.
2) Wear gloves and a face mask if necessary. This will help to avoid contact with potential contaminants that may be on the surface.
3) Collect a representative sample of the product being tested. This can be done by either breaking the product into smaller pieces or by using a scoop.
4) Label the container with the product name, lot number, and date collected.
5) Store the sample in a freezer-safe container until ready for testing.
6) When ready to test the sample, thaw it out and place it in a clean container.
The steps outlined in this article will help to ensure the proper collection and handling of fresh frozen samples. By following these steps, you will help to avoid potential contamination and improve the accuracy of your testing.